iPad mini Purchased Ipad mini; a few questions.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gc15, Feb 12, 2014.

1. gc15 macrumors regular

So far I'm liking the device, but i feel like the IOS 7 lags so bad on the retina mini. Either its from switching from landscape to portrait or when i use certain apps like dropbox, it just feels not snappy.

Anyway since i got it, i heard i should perform some tests to make sure i did not receive a bad version of the product. What would these tests be and what if any can i do to fix the sluggish?

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

It's all iOS 7 related and the problem is slightly exasperated with the A7 chip. The consensus among the iOS 7.1 beta testers is that's no longer an issue with 7.1

On my iPad 2 it's fairly smooth if I turn on reduce motion.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'm using an iPad 4 and apart from also turning off the motion stuff, I've noticed no lag that I can see.

The next update should help people with older devices from reports here.

4. sammy-boy macrumors regular

I've not noticed any particular lag on my Mini running iOS 7, unless I'm more forgiving of any slight lag. Haven't reduced motion or anything, still quite happy with its performance but looking forward to iOS 7.1

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I went from a mini to a rMini and experienced the opposite - a clear improvement in performance. I don't see or suffer from any lagging issues

6. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Yeah, we need more info. The rotation speed, for example, is designed to be a gradual transition. The a7 is a screamer.

7. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

so is my girlfriend. :D