Purchased items go missing from iTunes library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by R.Youden, Jul 13, 2009.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Last week for the first time in ages I purchased two albums off iTunes. That was nice and easy and transferred them to my iPhone.

Anyway tonight I came to find those songs and they had gone! No where to be seen. Searched the iTunes folder and nothing. What has happened to them. Now Apple want me to pay again yo re-download them, yeah right!

I don't have a normal music library set-up. My music is on a Drobo connected to my AEBS as an AirDisk. When I opened iTunes the AirDisk was not mounted and it bitched about that a bit but I soon got it sorted. But how will that have deleted two of my purchased albums.

Not very impressed here!

2. lorductape macrumors 6502

lorductape

check your internal HD music folder for an itunes folder. sometimes it writes them there as well as an external your library is set to.

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Are they gone from both your Mac and your phone?

4. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Nope, not there

Still on my phone, I have not synced it with my mac yet.

Thanks

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

When you sync your phone it'll tell you that there are purchased items on your phone that are not on your mac and will ask you if you would like to copy them to your mac.

6. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Like your thinking :D

I thought that only worked when you purchased the songs off the iTunes store through your phone. I will give it a go later.

Still doesn't explain how they disappeared though!

7. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Yeah, not sure why your files mysteriously disappeared but it should give you the option of copying them back once you connect your phone.