Purchased Macbook 12" 3 weeks ago. Problems started 4 days ago...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pgapol, Oct 26, 2015.

1. pgapol macrumors newbie

pgapol

I purchased a macbook to lug around with me while I was out and about. I use my 27in 5k to do most of my work, so I generally don't do much on my Macbook. About 4 days ago the screen went black and everything was completely unresponsive. About 5 min later it would turn back on and about 10 seconds after logging in it would do it again. 4 days later and the trackpad won't let me drag, sometimes doesn't vibrate and graphics are sometimes choppy during a fully loaded video.

It does this periodically, but not all of the time. I took a video of when it did happen just to have (I don't know if that will mean anything). I have an appointment at the genius bar tomorrow. What's the best case scenario? can I ask for an exchange if it doesn't act up in front of them? Don't want to waste their time or mine. Just want a reliable machine. Thanks in advance.

2. whodatrr macrumors 6502a

whodatrr

Apple will take care of you. Suggest you call them in the AM. I also have a MB12 and an 27 5k. Hope you get up and running soon.

Also, be sure to do a time machine backup, in case they need to do a give you a new system.

3. pgapol thread starter macrumors newbie

pgapol

Thanks for the advice. The 5k and rMB are definitely a great combo.

4. designcode macrumors newbie

Have you already been to the Apple Store and what did they say?

I do have exactly the same problem. It just happened again today and will take my MB12 to the next Apple Retail Store. Very annoying as this is my only Mac and don't have a backup machine while on the go.

5. pgapol thread starter macrumors newbie

pgapol

Taking my computer in this afternoon. I will let you know how it goes.

6. pgapol thread starter macrumors newbie

pgapol

Thanks for the replies guys. They replaced my machine. Hopefully I don't run into any problems with this one.

7. designcode macrumors newbie

Good for you! My appointment is next week so fingers crossed that they can find the issue. ;)