Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Hi everyone, just got back from a trip where I bought the iPad on the last day and a little jetlagged, having trouble getting it to work. None of my purchased music from iTunes is syncing over. How do I get that to work? Already looked in iTunes on the iPad and it says I'm logged in to the right account, but how do I authorize it? Doesn't talk about authorizing anywhere.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Is the music actually ON the computer in iTunes with which you are syncing the iPad? If so, during sync, go to the music tab and select either the songs/playlist you wish to put on the iPad and resync. It's like an iPod, you don't need to "authorize" the device.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
eawmp1 - The music is on the computer, yeah. And under sync it has "entire music library" checked. Tried what you said, though, and it didn't work.

pika2000 - trying to put my purchases onto my iPad from the computer, not the other way around. Thanks, though.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
pika2000 - trying to put my purchases onto my iPad from the computer, not the other way around. Thanks, though.
LOL. I guess I didn't read hard enough. My bad. :D
Did you try drag-n-dropping the tracks to the iPad? Also, try rebooting the iPad.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
No worries :). I just tried drag and drop, but it wouldn't allow it (the iPad didn't get the blue highlight like the other playlists do. Tried the reboot and it worked! Thanks for the help. Now to try to keep myself awake to recover from jetlag. Thankfully I have a new toy to help with this.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
No worries :). I just tried drag and drop, but it wouldn't allow it (the iPad didn't get the blue highlight like the other playlists do. Tried the reboot and it worked! Thanks for the help. Now to try to keep myself awake to recover from jetlag. Thankfully I have a new toy to help with this.
Great that rebooting fixes it. From time to time, I have weird issues with my iPad too that I need a reboot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.