Purchased my first MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gravytrain84, Jul 6, 2010.

1. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

What are some of the must have apps, add ons, etc... Anything special I need to know about this beauty? Treat the battery like an iPhone battery, right? Should I put some sort of skin on it?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Apple on notebook batteries
    Apple Portable: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance

Laptop Battery Guide

Also have a look at the following links, as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

Mac OS X Basics
    Switch 101 - guide with articles made by Apple on how to accustom yourself, after you switched to Mac OS X from Windows​

Mac 101 - How to get started with Mac OS X​

Find out how - tutorial videos made by Apple on how to do certain thing in Mac OS X​

Pro tips - tips made available by Apple for easier ways of doing certain tasks​

Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn about common Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.​

Mac OS X Beginner's Guide by MacRumors - learn about software, media players, shortcuts and some useful tips, tricks and hints​

Mac Guides - tutorials, product guides and more​

MRoogle - a very effective tool to search these fora using Google and made available by edesignuk, introductory threads: 1, 2 and 3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Is there anyway to get my itunes songs from imac to MBP without using ext HD?

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Via network - wireless or Ethernet.

Go to System Preferences > Sharing and enable File Sharing on the iMac and login to the iMac via the MBP with the name and password of the account you have on the iMac.

5. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

And this will xfer alll of my files???:eek:

6. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

7. slyseekr macrumors member

I've found that Quicksilver has been really invaluable for my productivity! It has a little bit of a learning curve, but once you get it, you can save a lot of time and effort launching applications, opening docs and even controlling open apps.

http://quicksilver.en.softonic.com/mac