purchased refurbished touch- HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by coral21987, Jul 1, 2008.

1. coral21987 macrumors newbie

I apologize in advance- I'm sure these questions are very basic and asked often, but I bought an ipod touch and did not realize that there are 2 models. The model I bought is MA623LL/A. What is the difference between this and other models? I also noticed a lot of people talking about a software upgrade. If my ipod touch needs this, where can I purchase it?

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

There is only one model, the confusion about there apparently being two models is because some model numbers end with A, some with B (it was also thought that the ones ending with B were the only ones that included the software upgrade pre-installed but that has been disproven).

The software upgrade can refer to two things: the January Software Upgrade which, for $20, you could install Mail, Maps, Stocks, Weather and Notes. The second is the upcoming 2.0 firmware, to be released on July 11, which will cost $9.95, and includes numerous updates, new features as well as the App Store. At the moment neither of these are available; the January upgrade was removed from iTunes as the five apps included within that will be available for a small fee from the App Store.

3. coral21987 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you so much for your quick response! you cleared up all my confusion:)

4. rushmere macrumors 6502

rushmere

Do the refurbished iPods come in the normal retail packaging?

I'm considering buying one as a gift, but only if it's packaged like a new one.

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

No, they come in a brown box.

6. rushmere macrumors 6502

rushmere

Ok, thanks for the information.