Purchased Ringtones gone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gsxr1000, Apr 2, 2017.

1. gsxr1000 macrumors member

gsxr1000

Every freaking time I move to a new phone I loose my ringtones and alerts purchased through iTunes. Any help.

2. jetsam macrumors 6502

Can you find them if, on your iPhone, you go to the iTunes store, and select "More > Purchased>Tones>Not on This iPhone?"

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

To my knowledge, ringtones are not backed to the cloud, as are most other purchases. They must be manually backed up. If not, they are lost and must be purchased again.

4. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

Ringtones have to be backed up on your laptop. Ringtones aren't available on the Cloud.

5. macfacts macrumors 68000

macfacts

Apple must be afraid users will fill up their free icloud space with ringtones ;)

6. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I have had this happen. What you can try, is call Apple and request to speak with the iTunes department. This was years ago, but they were able to restore my lost ringtones as a one time exception. I have no idea if they still offer this, but you can certainly ask. I lost a total of three ringtones and all three were restored. Good luck.

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I have always had to get my purchased ringtones restored via iTunes. Without fail

8. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

And you didn't backup the ringtones, why exactly?

9. blairian89 macrumors regular

blairian89

If you did not backup your ringtones to iTunes you're screwed. I made that mistake one time. I now have them backed up on multiple computers; just in case.