Purchased song cleared off iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Glennster, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Glennster macrumors regular

Not sure what this happens but I purchased a few songs through my iPhone. For whatever reasons it seems that when I connect the phone to my laptop & it syncs to my iPhone, the songs purchased on my phone are cleared off.

Then when I want to listen to them off the phone I have to hit the cloud icon to redownload onto the phone again!

What gives?!

2. mrochester macrumors 65816

Computer authorised using the same account?

3. DiCaprioAngel macrumors 6502

The laptop that you've plugged your phone to, is it the original laptop you've first synced your phone with? Because if not, syncing through a different computer will erase media content on your phone. It's just something that Apple is known for.

4. Glennster thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah same one. So odd.

5. DiCaprioAngel macrumors 6502

Hmmm, strange. Have you synced your phone through another computer since? Sometimes plugging it in to a different computer could lead to the authorization to mix up so when you plug it back to the main one, it could cause for songs to be erased. It happened when I had my iPhone 5 and plugged it into my new rMBP and previously I had it hooked to my dad's iMac, so I had to erase all the songs and put them back on and since then, it fixed the problem.