purchased songs showing as "apple music" iCloud status

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by manhattanmania, Jul 14, 2015.

1. manhattanmania macrumors regular

baffled. i started a brand new iTunes library to start this from scratch. everything going fine, but i just downloaded an album from iTunes, via the PURCHASED list - i BOUGHT this album from iTunes - and now its iCloud status in iTunes is "Apple Music" - implying i had never bought it- vs "purchased" like all of the other songs i am downloading.

anyone know how to fix??

2. mistame macrumors member

Which version of iTunes are you using? The version released yesterday (12.2.1) should have fixed an issue similar to this one.

3. flur macrumors 68000

Some people are still having the issue, even with the fix.

4. manhattanmania thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, already on 12.2.1

5. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I noticed this with some of my songs as well. They were already in my iTunes library before I joined Apple Music.

6. manhattanmania thread starter macrumors regular

this just happened to me with two newly purchased albums. one random song on each album changed to an apple music status and apple music aac file instead of purchased. it makes no sense.

7. andsoitgoes macrumors member

Same here. This is unbearably frustrating. My kids use music for 3rd party creativity apps and can't because these tracks, only SOME of them, are showing as "Apple Music" while others that iTunes can't match are uploaded and usable with no problem.

8. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

That update fixes nothing for me.

I'm guessing, by the warding of the update, that the bug it fixes is one whereby iTunes has corrupted the itunes match status of the library content that was uploaded BEFORE Apple music was activated.

For me, all previous music it correctly matched to "MATCH" and it's only some of the newly added songs (after Apple music was turned on) that is wrongly matched as Apple music content.