Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waywardsage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 22, 2006
CA
I just purchased the Epson Artisan 800 yesterday and wanted to drop by and share my experience with it. The last all in one printer/fax/coppier/scanner I had was an ancient HP that kept deleting its drivers and removing itself from my PC.

Recently, my wife and I became fed up with it and went out looking for a new machine. Me being me, i researched ad nausium and figured that the Artisan 800 was interesting and decided to give it a try.

In response to most of the complaints from Amazon reviews and the Macworld review. I have these things to say:

It is wrapped in its shipping box like fort knox! Take care when unwrapping it. Make sure to look inside the scanner area and the paper tray and remove all the blue tape that straps everything down. Lots of people complaind and even damaged their printers.

Be patient when installing it. It takes time. Breath easy, and follow the steps. I configured a wireless printer and a wired connection. They took some time. But once I was finished I had no time printin with either one or scanning.

I had heard that many people complained that you were unable to scann wirelessly to your computer with this printer. This is false. I can scan to my macbook pro wirelessly without trouble. Even in a different room of my apartment.

The pictures from this printer really are just as good or even better then going to the photo store. I purchased some 4"X6" glossy Epson paper and the prints look fantastic! I have some 8.5"X11" matte paper that I want to try next!

The touch pannel interface is fanastic! Its the most simplistic and easy way to navigate a all in one that i've ever seen. Most of the interfaces for these divices are incredibly unintuitive. The Artisan 800 was great.

Oh, and the complaint about the paper tray being flimsy? Lol..how many paper trays ARENT flimsy? Pretty stupid thing to complain about if you ask me.

here's macworlds review

http://www.macworld.com/article/136254/2008/10/epsonartisan800.html

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
I picked up one of these bad boys last week and I have to agree with everything you said. Setup was tricky, but worked in the end with all 3 machines in the house.

My only impression, after printing 20 4x6 xMas cards, I find myself almost out of ink.

What type of ink use are you seeing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.