purchased the macbook pro 2015 not 2016

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vance09, Nov 18, 2016.

1. vance09 macrumors regular

I went through a lot of decisions and in the end ordered the old MBP. The ports on the MBP 2016 really bothered me , no sd card reader, no usb 3.0 no hdmi etc
    Spoke to apple and they recommended to stick to the 2015 MBP 1 .0 t hd
    I was surprised ,he asked me a bunch of questions and said the 2015 would suit me better.
    I would have had to purchase all the plug ins for the port stuff I needed
    I felt badly as I prefer to buy the newest tech out there but , I passed this up
    It will arrive nov28 2016 and no apple care, I feel if it runs a year it will be ok and I do not need there support for software.
    I will be running parallel for a few PC apps and cad prgs

2. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

How much did you pay? I would recommend AppleCare, as I and a few other people I know ended up needing it. Once something goes wrong with virtually anything and you can't fix it on the cheap. I assume you intend to use the computer for the next 3-5 years, and if so, the $200 for AppleCare is a good deal.

The 2015's are still good machines and will work just fine. By the time yours gets old, Touch Bar will be well developed, probably have taptic feedback, and a brand new redesign will come along... plus all the periphereals will be USB 3.1 so you won't need so many dongles.

3. Nick11Mac macrumors 6502

Nick11Mac

Congrats on the 2015! Also decided on the 2015 rMBP after a lot of consideration, and bought a refurbished one directly from Apple. It works flawlessly and I'm happy with the decision. Hope you enjoy your 'new' MBP.

4. vitavo macrumors member

Depending on how often you update your computer, this could be the right move for some people. All those old ports that went away wont be obsolete for years.

I only got the newest one because my old MBP was 2009, want something built for the future as this laptop should last the Trump administration (however long that may be)

5. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

I decided on the 2015 Macbook Pro as soon as the 2016 was revealed. Way better bang for buck.

6. Ataricade Suspended

The new ones make last years look and feel antiquated.

7. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

Now that's funny. ;)

8. Ataricade Suspended

Its true. They look and feel dated. The 2016 is much more modern and forward thinking. The touchbar is fantastic, Very interactive. The sound system blows last years out of the water both in quality and loudness. Screen is Wayyyyy brighter, Zero comparison. Turn the screen up in a dim room and its nearly blinding. Touch ID is a pretty big deal as well.

Too many people are buying into the hate. These are fantastic computers. Very much improved over the last few years especially in regards to the human interaction (sights, sounds and touch) If I had one complaint its that the keyboard is kinda loud :)

9. emailnotebox macrumors regular

emailnotebox

I think Apple were sold themselves due to the design.

10. btbam91 macrumors regular

You sir pull sarcasm in your posts off very well. Well done!

11. eastamherstbias macrumors 6502

I just upgraded from the 2012 15inch MID i7 to the 2016 15inch. Well worth it. Speedy and all sorts of great. I like the touch bar as well.

12. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I was expecting the keyboard to be louder than it actually is based on what people were saying on here. I didn't feel that the keyboard was loud tbqh. I was a little underwhelmed.