Purchased tones problem

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by AntonisCy, Dec 3, 2014.

1. AntonisCy macrumors regular

A few days ago I purchased a new ringtone from the iTunes app and set it up as my default tone! The next day I noticed that the ringtone was reverted back to the default one and that the specific tone wasn't on my tone list! I downloaded it again and reset it as my default ring tone! Today I noticed that the ring tone ringing is the default one again and that the purchased tone is nowhere to be seen! Has anyone experienced this problem?

2. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Unfortunately I and others have had this issue. Has been mentioned a number of times that it is an iOS issue. If you email iTunes, they will reimburse you. Just got my credit. I think you will also lose them on updates. I have some custom ones I made and lost some of them too. Had to re-make them. I like this phone, but the Music/iTunes side SUCKS. Especially the importing from iTunes/iPhoto to iPhone. I do all manually atm. There is an app called TunesGo by Wondershare I may purchase. Let's you even delete/copy from Camera Roll. But, will wait till my son and his wife come in for Christmas and see if any of my issues are user error. They have been Apple for 2 decades and very up on all this. :apple:

3. AntonisCy thread starter macrumors regular

4. sbailey4 macrumors 68040

sbailey4

There is another small thread regarding this here. Apparently its a known bug hopefully will be addressed soon.

5. sbailey4 macrumors 68040

sbailey4

8.1.2 released to address this issue

Seems the AppleCare team were correct. 8.1.2 just released to address this issue

6. NoBoMac macrumors 65816