Purchased Wrong Display Adapter

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mizzoucat, Mar 22, 2011.

1. mizzoucat macrumors regular

Well, crap. It looks like I purchased the wrong display adapter for my 2011 13" MacBook Pro. I purchased the mini dvi to dvi adapter instead of the mini display port to dvi adapter. I didn't realize there were 2 different display adapters. If anyone wants the genuine Apple OEM mini dvi to dvi adapter, please pm me. So, where is the cheapest place to get a mini display port to dvi adapter?

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

3. mizzoucat thread starter macrumors regular

I bought it off eBay. It clearly stated it was the mini dvi to dvi so I'm the one at fault. It was brand new in the white Apple packaging. It must of came out of a Mac mini or something. I just managed to find a brand new Apple retail mini display port to dvi adapter on eBay for $14.99 shipped. If anyone wants the mini dvi to dvi adapter, I will ship it to anywhere in the U.S. for $8 paypal.

4. mizzoucat thread starter macrumors regular

5. mizzoucat thread starter macrumors regular

$7 shipped for the Apple OEM mini-dvi to dvi adapter....PM me

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

Which means you're overpaying for the exact same quality a generic adapter would give you. You probably buy RAM upgrades and HD upgrades straight from apple?

7. YsoSerious macrumors 6502

YsoSerious

Same thing happened to me when I bought my first MBP. I remember being really mad at apple for naming both of them "mini"

8. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

Well I for one thank you for this one since I needed a MDP-> DVI adaptor for a while but was too lazy to get it :D Now I have for 8 bucks w/ shipping; sweet!