Purchasing 1st Generation iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trombone dixie, Jan 18, 2009.

1. trombone dixie macrumors newbie

Where can I purchase a 1st Generation iPhone that isn't unlocked? Are there any online stores that sell them? Anyone on here looking to upgrade to a 3G iPhone? I have one I am willing to trade for a 1st Generation iPhone.

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

www.ebay.com

There are some on eBay that are still shrink wrapped.

3. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Why do you want to trade?

4. RobZ1 macrumors newbie

1 gen iphone

I got a buddy here in socal in chino hills that is selling his 1st gen its in pretty good condition since he has always had it in a hard case since new

let me know thanks

5. iFerd macrumors 6502a

You can easily get a first generation iPhone on eBay, locked or unlocked. If you get an unlocked one, it probably will cost more than locked, but it can always be restored on iTunes to bring it back to factory default conditions. (Because unlocking is so simple on the first gen phone, it is a bit of a mystery that the unlocked sell for more than locked ones - lots of people don't know this I guess.) Locked or unlocked, they are still going for something of a premium over the 3G, though. Plan on paying something like $250-350 for an 8GB phone. If you are patient, you may do a little better.

6. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I bought a sealed first gen iPhone on eBay. It was an Apple refurbished 4GB iPhone (one of the ones that quickly sold out on Apple.com). I'm glad I got it... it's my backup iPhone now.