Purchasing a new 15in MBP looking for a good case Please READ/HELP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 2high2aim, Apr 29, 2010.

1. 2high2aim macrumors 6502

So far I am considering on getting the Invisishield (question regarding heat dissipation) on a new 15 MBP as I am a college student and use it in most of my classes plus I travel often.

I am looking for case such as the

Moshi Codex 15 which is a wonderfully designed case that I can put my MBP in and also use it WITHIN the case and not having to take it out for added security. My questions is are there other cases similar to Moshi's.

http://www.insidemacgames.com/reviews/view.php?ID=889&Page=3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqNFgBHw_zU

Other cases I am considering is the Incase Neoprene Sleeve but it does not open all the way/tie onto the screen for use in the case like Moshi.

What cases are you using and what suggestions do you have.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I use the neoprene sleeve if the bag I have doesn't have adequate padding; otherwise I slip the computer bare in a messenger bag or backpad; I can't justify the added weight of using a big case.

3. cyclical macrumors regular

Using your notebook with the case still attached can't be good for ventilation :confused:

I'm with alphaod: I prefer a simple sleeve.

4. 2high2aim thread starter macrumors 6502

True but I did some research into the moshi case and it has some space on the bottom of the laptop for ventilation because the latop sits on small rubber legs and so there's a slight space for ventilation the only thing is I hope its not too big to reduce its mobility. I want something similar to the moshi but small in size hoping if a forum member here uses the case to give his views cuz I havent seen it in any store but seen them on sale online.

BTW my other question was about the invisishield and its ability to dissipate heat or do people have problems with temps and invisishields

5. 2high2aim thread starter macrumors 6502

Just bought an Invisishield from Zagg and now I need to decide on the case. Please offer some good solutions as I do not have a notebook/messenger bag of my own. Please offer some good solutions for a traveler/student (mobility/safety) for cases.

6. seitou macrumors newbie

I just got my Incase neoprene sleeve arrived today actually. :D

In all honestly if you're talking about mobility I feel it'd be more practical to just put it in a sleeve that can be tossed in a bag rather than a case.

Regardless of the rubber feet on the bottom of a Moshi case the memory foam material the platform is made of cannot be an effective means heat dissipation. If anything it would seem like it'd be a really great insulator. :p

7. 2high2aim thread starter macrumors 6502

lol so true haha kind of like a wet suit that keeps the temps up :p. I am probably going to end up getting the Incase Neoprene Sleeve, its just I wanted something unique if you know what I mean.

I just found this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dy9-2JSSxA

Isis Memory Foam Sleeve...how does it compare to Incase?

8. 2high2aim thread starter macrumors 6502

I put this quote so when I do install it I can quickly review my own threads quickly

9. 2high2aim thread starter macrumors 6502

Invisishield install process that bill gates uses also have heard of putting paper towels around the sides of the book so liquid is absorbed

Also I am going with a Isis leather case :D