Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
So I want to buy my gf an Iphone SE the sprint version unlocked. I went to apple's site to purchase one at full price. The problem is its asking for the number and pin for her sprint account. Why do they need that for? I just want to purchase the phone outright so she can activate it whenever she wants. The sim free version does not work with sprint. Is there a way to bypass it?

This was meant to be a suprise gift.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
If you want the Sprint version, even though paying full price for it, they (either Apple or Sprint) are going to activate it on Sprint.

Which means you need the account number and pin.

There is no workaround for that. No activate, no sale.

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
T
If you want the Sprint version, even though paying full price for it, they (either Apple or Sprint) are going to activate it on Sprint.

Which means you need the account number and pin.

There is no workaround for that. No activate, no sale.
Thanks for the heads up! Ill have to subtly ask for her pin for X reason.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
T

Thanks for the heads up! Ill have to subtly ask for her pin for X reason.
Good luck! :D

Keep the following in mind though. You can pay full price, but Sprint's unlock policy requires that a device be active on their network for no less than 50 days before unlocking. So, you will not get an unlock for this phone until 50 days are up.

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
Good luck! :D

Keep the following in mind though. You can pay full price, but Sprint's unlock policy requires that a device be active on their network for no less than 50 days before unlocking. So, you will not get an unlock for this phone until 50 days are up.
She has been with them for awhile. I still think its bs from sprint. But at least 2 months of service and she can take her SE somewhere else. I am also tired of sprint.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
She has been with them for awhile. I still think its bs from sprint. But at least 2 months of service and she can take her SE somewhere else. I am also tired of sprint.
Well, T-Mobile requires 40 days so only a ten day difference, but I hear you.

Sprint wants the activations. They make money off them and they hold you for almost two months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.