Purchasing Advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by three, Jun 4, 2008.

1. three macrumors 6502a

three

Hello, I plan on buying a iPhone soon and I was wondering what iPhone should I buy? My town does not have 3G and I don't think it ever would. I would like a 8GB model. Do you recommend me buying a 3G model anyway or just go for an original?

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Wait until the new iPhone is announced and all features are revealed, then make your decision. After learning all the details, if you'd still be happy with a 1st generation iPhone then try and scrounge one of those up since it the price will most likely drop... but no guarantees that you will be able to get a hold of one.

3. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

At this point just wait. It is very likely that you'll be able to purchase a v2 iphone for the same price that a v1 iphone costs now. If you don't like v2, you can always buy a v1 but I can't see why anyone wouldn't want the latest if the price is the same.

4. Requiemm macrumors regular

Quoted for truth. Since I finally got permission from She Who Must Be Obeyed, (the wife), to buy an iPhone, (provided she gets one too), we are waiting to see what moden miracles the gen2 iPhone provides. If it isn't anything too special we will allow $$ to dictate which model we get.

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Good advice

I absolutely LOVE my current iPhone and would still be COMPLETELY happy with it if I had to keep it for the following year.

Even with Edge, I am able to browse sites, email, text, etc....and with WiFi it is even better

I would just suggest getting as much space as possible ESPECIALLY if you use it as an iPod