iPad Purchasing an iPad mini (1st gen)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by zerrisk, Feb 6, 2014.

1. zerrisk macrumors member

zerrisk

I am purchasing an iPad mini first gen. from my classmate. I am going to inspect it for physical defects and will restore as new. Is there anything else I should do afterwards? Also, is $250 a good price for it? (64 GB storage)

I have a Nexus 7 2013 tablet, but I like iOS for certain aspects that Android cannot fulfill for me. Powerpoints and word documents included - the Nexus 7 scrolling lag is too much for me.

2. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Considering the iPad Mini is $299 for only 16GB of storage you're getting a steal. Seriously.

3. zerrisk thread starter macrumors member

zerrisk

Is the screen as bad as my friend claims to be? I've been using a rMBP and iPhone 4s regarding mobile products for some time now.

I'm glad I jumped the gun with the storage thing though.

4. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

the screen isn't that bad unless you really look close, but for the price you are getting it at, its a steal. Most of those are going for 350+ on ebay.

5. Mechayoshi macrumors regular

Mechayoshi

Even without retina, the 1g screen isn't that bad and for that storage size that's a great deal.

6. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

It's actually a very nice display. Bought one yesterday after using an iPad 2 for a month and I would say that it is halfway between a retina display and the 2's display. Same amount of pixels as the 2, but packed in a smaller screen, giving it more clarity. It's also noticeably faster than the 2 even though they both run the A5 chip.

7. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I tried other ipads but the Mini with cellular is the one I kept. Great bang for the buck and at that price for 64gb I feel it is a steal and I'd jump on it so long as nothing is work with it.