Purchasing an iPhone + non-iPhone AT&T phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewSc2, Aug 15, 2007.

1. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

I'm currently on a plan with my mother and we split the bill.

I wanted to get an iPhone and she agreed to switch to AT&T but she doesn't want an iPhone. I was thinking to just stop by the local Apple store to pick up a phone and activate it and then... I don't know what to do.

Can I just buy an AT&T phone online and sign my mom up for it? Is there an option somewhere in the iPhone activation that allows for this? Should I just go to an AT&T store (do they all have iPhones)?

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I can't recall 100%, but I do think that you can really only add another iPhone. A lot of people with family plans had a hard time getting their iPhones activated. I think it was because there really is not family plans with the iPhone.

3. NewSc2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hm, does this even apply to adding the iPhone data plan to family plans? I could get a family plan with a regular phone... then purchase the iPhone and add the $20/month...

4. NewSc2 thread starter macrumors 65816

5. beate macrumors regular

Yes and (I don't know).

There is no problem having non-iPhones on the plan. I have 1 iPhone on a three member plan. The only problem I see is one of logistics...which to activate (and where) first. I'm sure the AT&T store could help you there.

6. beate macrumors regular

Opps - thought this was a suggest by someone else.
    Yes - that would work.