Purchasing and imac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by blumley, Aug 26, 2009.

1. blumley macrumors newbie

I am about to purchase an Imac, however on the buyers guide page it states
    "Recommendation: Buy only if you need it - Approaching the end of a cycle", How true is this.. is there possibly a refurbishment in September... if there is not i would prefer to buy now but not if next month there will be new models, there seems to be no real rumors that it will be next month other than average life cycle.

2. blumley thread starter macrumors newbie

I was looking for some opinions of people who are more up to date with mac and how they upgrade there products.

3. TheCheapGeek macrumors 6502

There have been no rumors of new iMacs, They have refreshed the current aluminum model twice since its introduction so a case redesign could be happening but they most likely wont touch the iMacs until they can significantly upgrade the internals to a quad core processor which is a ways off in my opinion.

4. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc

Most likely they will update them in Q1 of 2010 if they are going to soon. Not likely you'll see anything in September. That is typically the iPod update in September.

But anything is possible I guess.

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Buyer's Guide is related to past updates so it isn't accurate, eg Cinemas have been "Don't buy - Updates soon" for over 600 days now. Just buy now, there won't be noticeable update before early 2010

6. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

dont worry, new imacs won;t be out until at least well into 2010