Purchasing AppleCare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zhensley, Feb 25, 2009.

1. zhensley macrumors member

Hey everyone - I would like to purchase Applecare for my March2008 MBP. Where do you all suggest I buy it from?

Thanks for your help

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Buy it from a seller with lots of good feedback on Ebay or buy it from Apple if you like burning your money.

3. impakt1 macrumors member

4. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

ebay, got mine for the same MBP as your's for $178 buy it now price. registered and worked perfect. pick a seller with a few thousand pos feedbacks.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This **** should be a freaking sticky. Really.

6. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I totally agree, but Arn seems to hate stickying threads for some reason no matter how relevant they are.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It may be the subject matter in particular. I mean, if they sticky places to buy AC for cheap then they may face other issues. Apple seems to be fairly unfriendly to the idea that their AC is being sold at such a discount. I know when I call to register (because I have to call and not do it online) they ask where I bought it and I tell them a reseller. They seem to understand what I mean and they give me the 30-second lecture and move on.

8. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

LOL. It's not their business. Once you say a "3rd Party Apple Reseller" or whatever, it should end there. Sure, you did get it off eBay, but to them you purchased AppleCare, you purchased their product.

When someone calls in and I confirm who it's registered to and it doesn't match, I don't start grilling the customer on the line who and where he got it from.

SUPPORT THE PRODUCT, NOT THE CUSTOMER! :)