Purchasing both 38mm & 42mm Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gabo864, Apr 4, 2015.

1. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Anybody thinking about purchasing both Apple watch 38mm and 42mm to try it out before deciding which one to keep?

I know we will be able to see them on the 10th but I wanted to pre-order both sizes because I know they will be sold out pretty quick and delivery date will probably be a month out, I also live about 120 miles away from the nearest store! I want the sport apple watch space gray which looks like its the one everyone's getting! What's apple's return policy? do they charge a restocking fee here in the US?

2. NAYo2002 macrumors 6502

You can simply cancel the pre-order after trying on in person. Since it's not supposed to be delivered until the 24th, they probably won't ship it for about a week.

3. Exile714 macrumors 6502a

That sounds like a pretty selfish thing to do, to be honest. Lots of people want the watch as early as possible, and people who over-order will be taking away watches from those who ordered minutes later.

If you're not sure, why not just wait to try them on? Sure, YOU won't get the watch on the first day, but someone else who knows what they want will.

4. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I am buying both but for a different reason. One for me and the wife.

Just try them on in the store and make a decision.

5. Multiverse223 macrumors regular

It's in no way selfish if you live far from an Apple Store. There will be plenty of people pre-ordering just to try it, be disappointed, and return it. The real selfish people are the ones that will order multiple just to keep one as a collectible or to try selling it at a profit on eBay or the like.

6. hemolyzer macrumors member

Gas both ways would probably be cheaper than just buying two and returning one.

7. Multiverse223 macrumors regular

Haha... Uhh returns are free. He buys both, returns one, gets all of his money back on the purchase, instead of spending any money on gas which won't be refunded...

8. gabo864 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Thanks. That's true, I really don't think I can drive all the way up to Atlanta just to try it! Thats why I thought pre-ordering both would be a good idea just to be on the safe side. I don't want to wait weeks and weeks until I can finally have it in my hands!