Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
I was just wondering if I could customize an iMac instore so that I don't actually have to wait for it to be delivered?

configuration I'm looking for is the 24" iMac, 2GB RAM and the 7600GT

I also want to know if anyone has managed to get discounts on extras instore as well?

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
You can order in a computer with those specs, but unless they have them in stock (which is unlikely), you will have to order it in. They can do RAM for you, but not the GPU.

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
You can order in a computer with those specs, but unless they have them in stock (which is unlikely), you will have to order it in. They can do RAM for you, but not the GPU.

From what i gather they do have the iMac's with the 7600 in stock (last time I checked) but I've since decided I might have to bite the bullet and buy online... Oh I hate waiting!

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
From what i gather they do have the iMac's with the 7600 in stock (last time I checked) but I've since decided I might have to bite the bullet and buy online... Oh I hate waiting!

Call your local store and ask. There is no guarantee what they will have beyond the stock configurations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.