Purchasing from Macmall, etc,......

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marc55, Nov 8, 2013.

1. marc55, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013

marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

If we buy a rMBP from a vendor like Macmall, and it has some kind of defect within the 14 days, like a yellow screen, etc., would we be able to exchange it at an Apple store?

2. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

No. Apple store exchanges will only happen if you purchase it through the apple store. If you want to exchange it, you have to go through the company you purchased it from, even though they might be an authorized apple retailer.

3. marc55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

marc55

Macmall indicates that the MBP would fall under Apple's warranty, so if I have a defective unit, what are my options?

4. pat.micunnis macrumors regular

Did you call Macmall customer service directly to ask your questions? Looking at Macmall's return policy on their website, it seems a bit sketchy -- it looks like you'll have to go through the Apple warranty process.

This is why I prefer to buy from Apple directly.

5. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

You give it to Apple and they repair it, giving you the same unit back only repaired. Could take days to get it back, it would be a warranty repair whereas what you're wanting to do is take it back to a store where you didn't buy it and exchange it.

6. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

It is indeed Apple's warranty. It's up to Apple to fix it or replace it.

Returns would have to go back to the seller and whatever their policy is.

http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund

7. isephmusic macrumors 6502

i bought my macbook at some colege store and i coudlnt return it at apple. was stuck with it until sold on craiglist. so yes u can get it fixed for issues but not return or exchanged. only way they give new one is proof of uncraftsmanship.

8. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

Buy from Amazon, no tax in most states and 30 day return window! Usually they are close to cheapest and if you are a prime member free shipping.

9. marc55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

marc55

Yes, I spoke to customer service. After posting this I called back and was told they have a 14 day policy also; if the unit is defective they will send me a replacement and pay return postage. They are reputable, so I don't anticipate any issues.

Amazon now charges taxes in NJ!