Purchasing iMac from Amazon?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by klrobinson999, Nov 17, 2009.

1. klrobinson999 macrumors 6502

I noticed Amazon has reduced the price of the 21.5" to $1179 and with the two day shipping option, the total comes to only $1217, compared to $1308 at the Apple Store for two day (which includes tax; Amazon does not charge tax).

Has anyone had any problems with getting their iMacs from Amazon? I know it is UPS and not FedEx for the carrier. They say it comes in their "frustration free" packaging, but aren't ALL Apple products pretty much "frustration free"?

2. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

No you should have no problems buying from amazon. If there is any problem with the pachaging, send it back to them.

Btw If I were you I'd wait for a week to see if there are any special black friday deals on macs on amazon...you'd save some more money...

3. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

I bought mine from Amazon because they had a $100 rebate, and I saved more than $100 on sales tax. Since I am a Prime member, I had it shipped next day for $4.00. :)

4. indigentia macrumors newbie

I'm on the cusp of buying an iMac from Amazon, and noticed they have the iMac listed as shipping in amazon "frustration-free packaging" on the product page. Anyone know if this means they repackage the iMac in brown cardboard Amazon boxes, or just that they certify that Apple's original packaging is "frustration-free packaging"?

I want the Amazon discount but I want Apple's wonderful packaging.

5. hamlinspahn macrumors regular

Apple Packaging

Amazon ships in the same box Apple does on the iMac.