Purchasing iMac from Amazon?

klrobinson999

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
I noticed Amazon has reduced the price of the 21.5" to $1179 and with the two day shipping option, the total comes to only $1217, compared to $1308 at the Apple Store for two day (which includes tax; Amazon does not charge tax).

Has anyone had any problems with getting their iMacs from Amazon? I know it is UPS and not FedEx for the carrier. They say it comes in their "frustration free" packaging, but aren't ALL Apple products pretty much "frustration free"?

pukifloyd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Scottsdale
No you should have no problems buying from amazon. If there is any problem with the pachaging, send it back to them.

Btw If I were you I'd wait for a week to see if there are any special black friday deals on macs on amazon...you'd save some more money...

Comment

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
I bought mine from Amazon because they had a $100 rebate, and I saved more than $100 on sales tax. Since I am a Prime member, I had it shipped next day for $4.00. :)

Comment

indigentia

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2010
Louisiana
I'm on the cusp of buying an iMac from Amazon, and noticed they have the iMac listed as shipping in amazon "frustration-free packaging" on the product page. Anyone know if this means they repackage the iMac in brown cardboard Amazon boxes, or just that they certify that Apple's original packaging is "frustration-free packaging"?

I want the Amazon discount but I want Apple's wonderful packaging.

Comment

hamlinspahn

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2010
Oklahoma City
Apple Packaging

I'm on the cusp of buying an iMac from Amazon, and noticed they have the iMac listed as shipping in amazon "frustration-free packaging" on the product page. Anyone know if this means they repackage the iMac in brown cardboard Amazon boxes, or just that they certify that Apple's original packaging is "frustration-free packaging"?

I want the Amazon discount but I want Apple's wonderful packaging.
Amazon ships in the same box Apple does on the iMac.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.