Purchasing iMac w/ Education Disc. Free iPod Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Neeko, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Neeko macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm going to be purchasing a new iMac online through the education discount and right now Apple is offering a free 8gb Touch or Nano.

I'm looking to get some answers from anyone who has purchased with this promo in the past. I'm using my father's faculty number, he lives in Ontario and I'm in BC. I've purchased my last two computers with his number and had no issues at all but, but this the first time the promo is available while I'm buying. What I'm wondering is what info and paperwork you need to send back to Apple to get your rebate for the free iPod.

Do I need to send a copy of his faculty card, or do I just need to send a UPC with my receipt as proof of purchase. I just want to be sure of the steps before I move ahead and purchase.

Thanks for your help.

2. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

To claim your rebate, all you do is go to apple.com/promo, click on free iPod, and enter your receipt number, the amount it cost, and the date purchased. No sending in a UPC or faculty card.

3. Neeko thread starter macrumors newbie

Just the answer I was looking for. Thanks upsguy!

4. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

Hold on, not so fast!
    Hehe, noticed you are in Canada - unfortunately things work differently here. You will still need to cut out and send in the UPC labels in order to receive your rebate, not online like the US store. However, still no need to send in his faculty card or anything. You will fill out the information and plug in your address, etc. Follow the instructions about sending in UPC labels for the iMac and iPod. Its a long process, but take your time and be careful or you wont get your rebate.
    I am going to be sending mine in tomorrow too.

5. Neeko thread starter macrumors newbie

Whoa, thank god you showed up nidserz!

So do I fill out all the information online, or dies Apple send a form I need to mail back with my UPC's? Have you done this promo before? I'm interested to know how long it takes for Apple to give you your rebate. I'm assuming they just send you check for the amount they owe you?

Thanks!