Purchasing iPhone 4 at Radio Shack

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by markw10, Dec 9, 2010.

1. markw10 macrumors 6502

I saw about the sale Radio Shack is having this week on the iPhone 4 and want to buy 2 iPhone 4's, the 32GB version.
    I'm in Denver, CO and called around 12 stores today and none of them had it in stock at first. Actually many told me I would not find it anywhere in Denver but of the last few I called two had it in stock but only the 16GB version.
    Two of them offered to have me come in and put an order in it. They both said I'd have to come in in person and once I do once I do one said they'd look elsewhere in the state and likely could get one. The other place told me that once I put an order in it'll ship straight from the warehouse to my house and I should have it in 2 days.
    I finally went to the Radio Shack closest to me figuring I could simply get them ordered there and sent to my house. When I got there they seemed to know nothing about it and told me they could just simply take my name and # and call me if they come in but they said the price is only for if I buy by Saturday and likely they won't get any in.
    Has anyone found a good way to get them? I definitely want to get one at these prices and I went to the website but seems you can't order them online. Is there a way to have them shipped to my home or is there another way I can get them for this price from Radio Shack or another place?
    Thank you for your help.

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

As I understand it, this is an in-store only promotion so you can't do this online with them. Basically, it all boils down to luck AND whether or not the Radio Shack has any IP4's in stock. I've heard that lots of people are being put on waiting lists that are as long as 3-4 days for this deal. As this is Radio Shack, they're not going to have the inventory like a Best Buy would so it'll be hit or miss and timing is key. If you've already contacted all the RS's in your area and they don't have any, looks like they've been scavenged already :(
    Best bet is to hope they get more in stock but I doubt it since this sale ends this Saturday. Keep plugging away and maybe you'll land one. Otherwise, you might just have to settle for the 16gb one for now.

3. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

12 stores in the area not having the phones sounds terribly strange. Last weekend, I called 5 stores in the Houston area to check if they would price match (because my local store told me they wouldn't initially) for 2 phones that I had bought a couple of weeks. All the stores had the 16 GB as well as 32 GB in stock and all of them were willing to price match as well, which I finally got done at my local store.

Have you checked the RS stores in the Denver suburbs?

4. WRIGHTRACING macrumors regular

Try BestBuy....Someone said they will price match the $50 difference. If not, you may have to travel. I bought an 16GB Tuesday night, and they said they were selling like crazy. The AT&T store said they couldn't price match unless it was on the site. Good luck.

5. NickkyJ macrumors regular

if anyone lives in the dublin pleasonton livermore Area in california let me know i work at radio shack and can get you an iphone.
    iphone 4 149
    iphone 3gs 49

You can also trade in your old phone n get money back for that phone as well to use towards your purchase

6. WRIGHTRACING macrumors regular

Hook up the OP...He can pay shipping, and you can make a sell...Perfect:D

7. vistadude macrumors 65816

Not all the radioshacks sell iphones. Goto their website, search for iphone 4, and click the link. It will show you a list of their stores that sell it. Then you can go to that store and order it, they will likely be out of stock. It takes a few days to a week to come in. Of course, if you have to drive far to get to a radioshack, the fuel spent can wipe out the $50 savings.

8. xA4Hx macrumors member

iphone stock supply at radioshack is based on sales.
    Like for example my store has 12 iphone 3gs, and probably 4 iphone 4 16gb, and probably 2 iphone 4 32gb. If they dont have them they could get them if near by district has it. They just have to want to sell it bad enough.

-illusion