Purchasing iPhone 6 Outright

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AaronLUFC, Aug 6, 2014.

1. AaronLUFC macrumors newbie

Hi, I was knocked off my bike a few days back and my 4s screen has shattered. I've decided I'm going to wait for the 6 to come out before buying new phone (Nokia 3310 will keep me going a few weeks haha).

Anyway, I assume the pricing is the same across all of the retailers in the UK, however, is there any way to preorder to pay for the phone outright? I don't like getting into contracts and assuming the 6 is the same cost as the 5s was I'd like to pay cash upfront. Is there a date when we preorder from Apple or other retailers in the UK? Thanks.

2. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

You can buy the phones outright from Apple. Many carriers and Carphone Warehouse etc offer them SIM-free as well.

3. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

The Crystal ball is working today you are going to have to wait until Apple announce the Phone availability.

4. AaronLUFC thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for trying to see if members knew anything about previous sale patterns and whether the 6 would follow on.

5. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

You can only buy the handset only from Apple on release day.

Other shops that offer it don't sell the iPhone SIM-free on the release day. Not quite sure why.

If you want a iPhone 6 on release day, queue up at your local Apple Store or wait and see what you can do online. We may be able to pre-order it again.

6. Pluto88888 macrumors regular

7. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I hope so too but I'm not banking on it.

8. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I felt that way at one time. I have now been on the same carrier for 15+ years. Really does not matter anymore.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Honestly it sounds like YOU already knew about previous sales patterns...

But in all seriousness, I don't believe they have allowed for pre-order pick up on launch day for some time now (at least in the US, but my feeling is UK is no different, don't see why it would be).

In short, if you want one launch day, you will have to stand in line. If you are ok waiting a couple of days (and willing to spam refresh on Apple's website when preorders go live) you can get one within a day or two of launch, I suspect.

10. Dave245 macrumors 603

I'm also from the UK, what tends to happen is you can buy one from Apples website when the orders go live. This happened last year with the 5S, or you can stand in line at an Apple store, however you would have to get in line pretty early, last year the iPhones were selling out VERY fast and half the people in lines were not getting one.

On price points, personally I think the iPhone 6 will be more expensive than the 5S, what Apple tends to do is raise the price of the number models (4&5) by about £50. At the moment on Apples website the 16GB 5S is £549. When the iPhone 6 is released I expect it to be around £600

The above are my opinions, Apple has not announced anything yet and I could very well be wrong.

11. makerleone macrumors regular

makerleone

Hello, i have an iPhone 5s, its really works great according to me, so i think you should wait for 6 maybe for month or more, but if you can't wait for 6 really advising you to go with 5s.