Purchasing Movies Directly from iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LadyX, Apr 1, 2012.

1. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

I've purchased a movie via my iPad's iTunes Store and it has been stuck on "Waiting.." for some time now. So I signed into iTunes on my laptop, I clicked Purchased-> Movies and located it. I was then able to download it from there. It's downloading right now but why can't I purchase/rent movies directly from my iPad? Has anyone experienced this issue?

2. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

You should be able to purchase directly on the iPad and then download the movie. The major issue with movies is that the files are large so they take time to download. It's not for immediate consumption.

3. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

So movie downloads on an iPad takes time. What about TV Shows? Albums?

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

HD TV shows will take time to download as well. SD versions are much smaller and will download faster depending on your ISP.

5. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

I guess I'm not patient. I just checked my iTunes download on my iPad and the movie has started downloading. So now it's currently downloading on my iPad as well as on my laptop. I cancelled the one on my iPad and would like to remove it from the list. How do I do that?

6. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

Anyone got any clue on how to remove the download from the list?

7. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

You can't. Someone hacked my iTunes account a while back and I have one movie and 2 TV seasons that I have no interest in that I can't remove from my available downloads.

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

iTunes support can do this. Contact them and they can remove it. I had to do this when I was having trouble getting some HD shows to download. They kept placing the whole season in my queue to download when I only needed two episodes. I contacted them and they removed them within a few hours.

9. RobesNo1 macrumors regular

Someone hacked your iTunes account and gave you a movie and two seasons of a TV show??

Right.............................

Can someone hack mine and give me free shiz too please :)

10. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

What movies and tv shows where they interested in?

11. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

iTunes CS reps can clear the download list for you if things get stuck. They just can't refund you. Even though they stop the download, you still have the shows or whatever you want marked as paid for on iTunes so you can redownload them whenever you want. Every piece of content takes time to download before you can consume. Shorter waits are for music, books, and apps. Longer waits are entire TV seasons, movies, and lastly individual tv shows. iTunes isn't a streaming service so that's why it takes time to download. Once you purchase the content once, it's yours forever. This isn't the case with streaming services where all the content is theirs and if they decide to remove a TV series you like, you're out of luck.

12. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

They started off with a Bruno Mars song (whom I'd never heard of at that point) and then started buying videos. I happened to catch them in the act and shut them down by changing my password right away. PayPal gave me my money back, which had been a little over $100. I wish I could remove them from my list, im not interested in them in the least. My MacBook tries to download them most times that I open iTunes. Plus, they show in my Apple TV.

----------

Death at a Funeral, an HD season of According to Jim and an HD season of Weeds.