Purchasing on September 29th – Should I wait??

Stetwin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
273
0
England - Co-Durham
Hey again :)

Just a quick question really, I should be purchasing either a Black Macbook or a Macbook Pro on September 29th (My brother returns to university and is going to get it with HE Discount), Anyway my question is should I buy on the 29th of September or is it worth waiting that little bit longer to have it come pre-loaded with Leopard and the new edition of iLife?
 

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
5,212
0
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
See What Happens At Paris Apple Expo September 25-29

Good timing. Perhaps Steve will offer a free upgrade to Leopard when he announces the shipping date at Paris Apple Expo the week you plan to buy.
 

klex

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
144
0
I think you kinda answered your own question. Leopard will be out in Oct. If you need the computer really bad, then don't wait, if not, then wait.
 

atomize22

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2006
7
0
I'd buy it before Sept. 16th so you could take advantage of the $199 rebate with the Education discount when you buy a Ipod Nano with a Mac. If you don't want the Nano then Ebay it and it's like saving almost $200 off in addition to the edu discount. I did that last fall with my Macbook and in addition got a $100 printer (Canon Pixma 6220 with LCD screen and all the fixins) free with a separate rebate.

The current edu discount price for Tiger is like $60 or $70, if Leopard is the same then even if they don't offer the upgrade by then it will still be cheaper.
 

Stetwin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
273
0
England - Co-Durham
I'd buy it before Sept. 16th so you could take advantage of the $199 rebate with the Education discount when you buy a Ipod Nano with a Mac. If you don't want the Nano then Ebay it and it's like saving almost $200 off in addition to the edu discount. I did that last fall with my Macbook and in addition got a $100 printer (Canon Pixma 6220 with LCD screen and all the fixins) free with a separate rebate.

The current edu discount price for Tiger is like $60 or $70, if Leopard is the same then even if they don't offer the upgrade by then it will still be cheaper.
Do they offer the Printer and iPod deal to the UK? Also since its a rebate wouldn't that mean i need the money now and have to wait "x" amount of months to get the money back and have the arse on of sending things away (i'm sure i read u need to cut up the box it came in)? Also if i buy from home does that mean i wont qualify for the HE Discount? Is the price of the printer and iPod more then what i will save with the HE discount?
 

kinesin

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2006
119
0
Not sure about the printer, but the ipod deal ran last year from the 1st August in the UK.
I'm waiting till then to buy my HE discounted MacBook, and hoping they offer us the same deal. There current 'study,play,save' scheme ends on Sunday, so hopefully the free ipod with replace it.