Purchasing Outright....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appygirl82, Sep 16, 2015.

1. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

I purchased 2 iPhone 6s plus' via the Apple site a few days ago. They have a mid October delivery date.

I plan to just keep my eyes out for any that come into stock in the meantime (if it even happens). If I should find 1 or 2 before my other orders arrive will I be able to purchase them and then return the others when they arrive (or just cancel the order if not shipped)?

Is there like a limit of how many can be purchased?

2. koulmj macrumors 6502

I can't imagine that there's a limit on purchasing seeing as how people upgrade entire families at a time. It's not like they're on clearance or anything.

I even know a person who got four iPhones 6's right at the release, dad, wife, two college aged kids all got new iPhones last year day of the release.

I would cancel before they ship if you do find some available, try phone shops out of major cities, lmight have to drive a bit, but gas prices are going down.

3. appygirl82 thread starter macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

I do plan to do the Apple Upgrade Plan, so I'll be limited to Apple stores/online.

When ordering the phones, it does ask what line it's "attaching" it to. Only 2 of my lines are smartphone ones and the other 3 are not smartphone ones that we used to stagger upgrades. We are now planning to let those contracts expire.

So if I were to find phones in store before my order gets here can I still buy them on those same lines? I know it isn't extending a contract or anything....just wasn't sure how many you could order on the same line essentially?