Purchasing Question...Info please!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ayeplussjr, Jan 4, 2009.

1. ayeplussjr macrumors regular

Hey everyone....I will be new to Mac and I'm waiting for the news (if any) at Macworld about any upgrades to the iMac. So, here are a few questions I can hopefully get answered.

1. If any news is made at Macworld about the iMac's how soon can we see these new changes on store shelves (I need a computer ASAP)?

2. Is there generally an increase in price due to the upgrades or will the prices stay the same?

3. Do you think that the current lineup of iMac's will be cheaper if new iMac updgrades are made?

I know these questions may be answered at Macworld, but if anyone knows how this usually goes down and can shed some light for me I'd appreciate it. I'm excited to buy my new iMac, and can't wait for it. Thanks!!

2. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I jus know when the new Macbooks came out the stores got them 2-3 days later

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

The new lineup will be available on the Apple Online Store immeditately, and in the stores 24 hours later.

Prices are likely to stay the same this year, due to economic conditions.

The current lineup will be immediately discontinued in all Apple stores and the Online Apple Store, however you may be able to get one for about $50 to $100 less from a third party seller, but this is barely worth it as the upgrades will make the new one worth so much more.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

The iMacs will probably be available over the next few days/weeks. The price may drop, but usually stays the same.

5. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

They may be shipped with in 24 hours, but I live near 5 Apple stores and it was 2-3 days later they had them ready to be sold.

6. ayeplussjr thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the info everyone....I can't wait!!! Since Phil Schiller's keynote is on Tuesday morning hopefully the new iMac's (if any new changes) will be out in stores before the weekend (wishful thinking). I can't wait to unbox and get started.

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Not completely true. You can still buy the older models on the refurb store or the clearance store on Apple's website.