Purchasing songs on itunes stores from outside the USA.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hdsalinas, Apr 10, 2007.

1. hdsalinas macrumors 6502

hdsalinas

Hi

I live in Honduras (Central America) and there is no itunes or apple store nearby. The US itunes store doesnt take my credit card (even though it works great in other online stores like amazon.com).

Now I saw over at amazon.com that they have prepaid itunes card. Can I purchse one of those and use it on my itunes account? Will amazon send me and email with the prepaid card's serial code or do I have to wait until I get the actual physical card by mail?

thanks

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I can't claim to be an authority on Apple and Amazon policies, but as I understand it you can buy a prepaid card but you can't spend it under Apple's Terms of Sale. The reason is that each iTunes store is specific to a country and the Terms require that you be located in that country to purchase from that store. I'm not talking about whether they check this or how they check this. I'm just giving the opinion that their Terms prohibit purchases from an iTunes store outside your geographical region.

Here are the Terms of Sale for the United States, and I think they apply no matter how you arrange the payment.