Purchasing TetherMe

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by quietstormSD, Sep 10, 2010.

1. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

So TetherMe is the first application I am purchasing through Cydia. I went through all the steps to purchase and Amazon.com confirmed that I authorized the payment. When I go to download TetherMe, it still only has the option to purchase. What next steps do I need to do to install TetherMe? Or do I wait a while?

2. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

After pressing the "Purchase" button it should check to verify that you purchased the app and then show that on the screen and the the "Purchase" button should change to "Install?" Also make sure you are "logged" into Cydia. Once they have a record of your purchase you can go back and redownload the apps you've purchased in the event you need to restore and rejailbreak.

3. quietstormSD thread starter macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Thanks, the "Install" button never came on. I searched on how to buy apps in Cydia through google and saw that you usually get a confirmation screen after you purchase the app, saying that your app was successfully purchased. I didn't get that. So I just cancelled the authorization to bill me the 1.99 through Amazon. Then tried to purchase the app again, and not only did the authorization go through, so did the transaction and I got the screen that confirmed the transaction went through successfully. And I was able to successfully install the app.

4. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

Good, glad it worked out... I have to admit the same process in the Rock app was easier/ faster... Let's hope the new Cydia/Rock merger stays that way.