Purchasing uMB 2.4 at Best Buy

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by evelasco, May 21, 2009.

1. evelasco macrumors newbie

Has anybody bought the unibody at best using the no interest for 18 months deal with the best buy credit card? Any info on buying the unibody at best buy and/or the accidental damage warranty and payment plans would help. Thanks!

2. Pugpuppydude macrumors regular

I am wondering the same thing.. I'm looking at an iMac on their financing things..

3. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Don't buy anything at Best Buy unless you know exactly what you want.

4. Pugpuppydude macrumors regular

5. Greenhoe macrumors regular

Yes, I've bought a 24in iMac and a 2.4 Unibody MBP at best buy with 2 years no interest. I purchased the iMac over 2 years ago and the MBP in December.

I think buying at best buy with financing is the best thing to do if you want to pay it off with no interest. For anyone who says don't buy at BBY there is no difference between buying at BBY or from an Apple Store.

I would of bought my Mac Pro from BBY but you can't purchased Customized computers but other then that any big dollar item I buy I always see if I can get it at BBY with no interest, its a great program and I use it all the time.

6. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...customer service and product knowledge is pretty low with the majority of their staff...

7. Greenhoe macrumors regular

Well No offense, but if I'm going to purchase a $2,000 Laptop I really don't need their customer service to tell me about about the laptop, so as long as you do your homework and know what you want then go ahead and buy it at BBY.

8. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I have bought a 2.4 MBP and a White MB in the past 6 months. The plan works well. Just don't miss a payment or be late on a payment or they will hammer you will the finance charges. It really is a good deal though.

Like you I always know everything I need to know before going in to buy something. And usually at that point I end up knowing more than the staff does about the product. I do a lot of research before hand.

9. theshaggyone macrumors newbie