Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
Has anyone played Pure yet?

I'm going to be getting it for the PC soon, it looks like a really satisfying game (tons of big air and jaw dropping vistas, what else do you need?).

Are there demos yet for XBL/PSN?

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
yeah PSN/XBL have demos. I thought it was pretty fun. I didn't like how you hold the stick down then flick up to launch yourself.... but yeah, I won't buy it. Racing games never seem to hold my interest.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Biggest barrier a lot of PS3 owner are going to have is.... do they buy PURE or wait a few weeks for Motorstorm 2 ?

I'm just not sure. It looks fun though :eek:

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
^I'm getting MS2...theres nothing like punching someone off a bike. I played the Pure demo and I liked it but so many games so little time.....I think I'll get this one later.

SK I'm with you on that....I play them for an hour then won't touch them for a while....same thing with fighters.

Bless

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
I need to check out the MS2 demo but so far from playing both MS1 + Pure -

Pure > MS1 for me ;)

I've fallen as well into the "racing games don't really hold my interest" crowd as well though. The last racers I've played that I spent a vast amount of time with was the Rallisport Challenge series (both excellent games), before that it was Shutokou Battle (aka Tokyo Xtreme Racer in the US).

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
The last racers I've played that I spent a vast amount of time with was the Rallisport Challenge series (both excellent games)

Thank god I thought I was the only one who liked them, and yeah I'm not the hugest Racing Fan either. But both RC games were fantastic...

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
The last racing game that held my interest was Burnout 3 Takedown. I was so hooked, I still love that game.

I have Burnout Paradise, but have barely played it. With the new motorbikes, and trophies coming soon, I'll give it another shot sometime. Like most people, I didn't care for the open world design though. :(

The last racing game BEFORE Takedown that held my interest was "4D Sports Driving", also known as "Stunts". :D

stunts1.gif

ninewhereman

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2007
I've fallen as well into the "racing games don't really hold my interest" crowd as well though. The last racers I've played that I spent a vast amount of time with was the Rallisport Challenge series (both excellent games), before that it was Shutokou Battle (aka Tokyo Xtreme Racer in the US).

Rallisport Challenge series was great. I don't think that any racing game will ever beat Tokyo Xtreme Racer for me. Loved the style and the way everything worked. Many man hours poured into that game.

@Taustin:
Stunts was an awesome game. First game I can remember that had any kind of piracy protection since you had to have the manual to play the game. Always had some random question or phrase to fill in.

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I wish I had a PS3.... *sigh*
I love games that involve driving cars/other vehicles. If I could, I'd have GTA3 right now. I'd also have the latest burnout.... unfortunately burnout on GC is the most realistic-ish racing game I've played. That being said, Mario Kart Wii has held my interest since I got it quite a while ago now.

evan g

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2008
Well although Pure and MS2 look good, my only real involvement with racing games is me playing the MS1 demo while my download finishes up (can't play online or else it doesn't download).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.