PureFTPd Help needed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adamzx3, Oct 29, 2007.

1. adamzx3 macrumors regular

adamzx3

I installed PureFTPd and for the past 5 hours have been trying to get it to work....using the IP address in the bottom hand corner I can not connect to that (neither can an outside computer)

I am runing WRT on my router BUT for troubleshooting I unhooked it and am now running direct out of the satalite modem. OS-X firewall is turned off.

I am trying to conect via "connect to server" in osx and also on my pc via explorer and FTP client.

For example I try to connect:

ftp://66.82.xx.xxx
    ftp://roger@66.82.xx.xxx

No go

I can ping that IP and its comes back on osx and xp.

Now in the sharing in preferances it has my ftp set to ftp://192.168.x.xxx and that works dandy with usernames and everything, but only in my network, I assume thats an internal IP? is this normal for it to display this?

Running OS-X 10.4 on a G4 mac mini

What am I overlooking???

2. SpinUp macrumors newbie

SpinUp

It's unclear from where you're trying to connect - if you're connecting ok using your local IP from a pc on your local network, then it sounds like everything is good. To truly test it, you need to try and connect to your external IP (66.82...) from somewhere outside of your network.

It sounds like you're trying to connect to 66.82... from inside your LAN, in which case you'll just be trying to connect to your router - you can't test your external IP from inside your network.