PureGear Shell/Holster Combo with Kickstand

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mark Booth, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Mark Booth, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011

Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

A friend brought this nifty PureGear Shell and Holster combo for iPhone 4 to my attention. This is PureGear model/part number AIP4HOC. As best I can tell, this particular model is only available at Verizon Stores. If you look for it on Verizon's website, you'll only find it available in combination with a cigarette lighter adapter. However, in the brick and mortar Verizon Stores, the Shell/Holster combo is available with or without the cigarette lighter adapter. I paid $29.99 (plus tax) for the Shell/Holster only. Oh, not to worry AT&T iPhone owners. That's an AT&T iPhone used in the photos.

Note: PureGear offers a different model (35800PUR) that is similar, but not the same product. The 35800PUR lacks the Kickstand built into the Shell (you use the Holster's belt clip as the Kickstand), has a different design/texture (not as attractive as the Verizon Store version, IMHO), and has an oval opening for the camera (vs. teardrop on the AIP4HOC).

Edit: lgreenberg found the AIP4HOC at an online retailer for half the price. See his link in message #5.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is made of rubberized plastic. The material seems to be very sturdy. It has a very nice tactile feel.

[​IMG]

The Holster features a ratcheting belt clip, which seems nice and sturdy. There are 12 positions over a 180 degree arc. The belt clip will fit belts up to about 1.5" wide.

[​IMG]

One very nice feature is the built-in Kickstand. The Kickstand is conveniently built right into the Shell. You just slide the Kickstand into position (it locks in place behind a little tab), and you're all set to watch your favorite movie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It works in portrait orientation too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You may have noticed that, while the Holster has a soft material on the inside face to protect the screen of your iPhone, the Shell does not have a soft material on the inside face. This should not be a concern because the glass back of the iPhone does not rest against the inside face of the shell. There is an air gap between the two. You can see the gap when you look closely around the camera lens.

[​IMG]

Speaking of the camera opening, PureGear has designed the opening to be large enough that the camera flash does not cause glare in photos.

I prefer to wear my iPhone on my belt. This PureGear Shell and Holster Combo allow me to do that while also adding a bit of protection. I also find the design/pattern to be quite stylish. The built-in Kickstand is a very convenient bonus.

A couple of additional photos can be found HERE.

Mark

2. elan123 macrumors 6502

Got one similar off of Amazon, but it was cheaper.

3. Mark Booth thread starter macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

See the note in my first message. The linked model 35800PUR is available on Amazon for under $20. That's probably the one you picked up. It lacks the Kickstand in the Shell and has a different pattern.

Mark

4. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

5. Mark Booth thread starter macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

Good find! Thanks for the heads up! That's half the price (shipping eats up a few dollars of the savings). I've ordered one from them which I'll use as a backup, or perhaps return the brand new one to the Verizon store for a refund.

Mark

6. Mark Booth thread starter macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

The PureGear Shell/Holster I ordered from wirelessground.com arrived yesterday. Interestingly, it did not include a product box. The Shell/Holster were wrapped in bubble wrap and shipping in a bubble wrap envelope. They arrived in fine condition.

Mark

7. Mark Booth thread starter macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

8. iToNe24 macrumors regular

iToNe24

i bought this case as well .. just sometimes it worries me if it would fall out of the holster that the phone would get damaged ... not the best phone protection ... tops and bottom are open ...

currently using the speck candyshell case which had rubber on the power button and volume keys that i love but having a holster of a time getting something for it to wear on my hip when at gym and doing cardio... i dont want one of those arms band cases either