Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kieonsegg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
People get screwed on the internet on a DAILY basis. And I'm sure there have been quite a few regarding Apple products, simply because Apple products are high ticket items. I'm not saying this site is a scam, but unless the price difference is VERY substantial then it isn't worth it.

And of course I know about the warranty. But what you should know is that the AppleCare warranty from Apple's Refurb Store is 1 year from date of purchase, and you can purchase the extra 2 years within that timeframe. With any other retailer, that 1 year of free AppleCare starts whenever they bought the product. And seeing as though this product was released over a year ago, this website's included AppleCare would be no longer valid. And Apple stopped selling these new in early June this year, even if they bought it the day that Apple quit selling them you've got 6 months, max.

And you conceit yourself that the fact that Apple's is refurbished is irrelevant (because they replace all aesthetic elements and battery), so why would this one be any better? Do you really think this site has had this laptop for 6-12 months now just sitting there unopened? :rolleyes:

what are the speakers like on the air.
i know its mono but is it still loud? Is it louder than the macbook?

justit

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2007
Refurb MBAs tend to be a bit wobbly, I've returned 2 due to screen lines issues.

Best advice: Don't read the MBA forums, as it taints your perception :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.