Puro new Ipad cases (italian brand)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Tissie, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Tissie macrumors member

2. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

3. blow45 macrumors 68000

I don't know what the other guy is on about...but according to his sig this is his cup of tea...
    [​IMG]

Contrast it with puro, yeah they look a tad better:
    [​IMG]

These look very tasteful, italians...they know a thing or two about style!:)

4. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

My signature clearly says the brands that are popular in this forum. That does not necessarily mean they are my favorites. There's also nothing wrong with the yoobao, for it's price range it is good for what you get and ranks highly on metagamers, ilounge, and amazon. No one expects the yoobao to be a fancy case and that's why it's cheap.

As for the Puro, there's plenty of it on display in Tokyo and from what I saw, it's not a high end case. It's cheaper than belkin cases, Italian branding but made in china. Nothing special. It certainly is not high end like a vaja case

5. echos macrumors newbie

How do you pronounce Yoobao? Is that Chinese characters in the picture?

6. TexasChemE macrumors 6502a

TexasChemE

I always thought it was pronounced "you-bow"

7. echos macrumors newbie

That's what I thought until one day I heard somebody say you-bay-o in one of the youtube reviews.

8. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

Hi Tissie, I've tested several Puro cases for the iPhone and the iPad (2, not yet the the 3rd gen). You may find some reviews filed under "puro" tag on my blog. It's an high-volume brand here in Italy and you can find their products almost in every mall. Decent quality and good prices, as of today they haven't a "real leather" offer, aside from an iPhone leather strap pouch.

Ciao :)

9. blow45 macrumors 68000

Yeah but it certainly doesn't carry the price tag of the vaja cases, who imho are overpriced for what they are. In any case I don't think you should be claiming popularity in your sig, I don't think a forum poll has been conducted or something. I found your comment very dismissive of the other brand, that's all. :)

10. Tissie thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for comment, Ill have a look Into your reviews!

11. artgalgenius macrumors member

I saw them at the MacMall store in Torrance. They look nice but did not look very sturdy and protective if you are going to be toting it around. They also do not have a stylus holder if you are in need of one.

12. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

fair enough. As for the popularity. its based on the number of thread replies in the past 45 days (roughly the time the iPad 3 has been out from March to April) and the ones in my signature generated the most replies/interest in this forum. There's a few exceptions, for example Portenzo has a ton of replies but I felt I could not add it to my signature because of some inherent flaws in its design that is unlikely to be fixed, that member glen_e pointed out.

To Tissie:

Here's two Japanese iPad reviews on two of the cases from Puro. one is the ipad 3 version the other the ipad 2. both give some "real life" snapshots and also weight if you're interested

iPad 2 version review
    http://blog.livedoor.jp/sgr0702/archives/6080886.html
    basically says its for people who don't have a smart cover but want something like it, people who are looking for a full body protective case that's soft, etc. he got some attention at work because of the case and found the auto on/off very convenient. The exterior feels nice, although its a little thick. Inside is a suede like material.

here's an iPad 2012 review, different case
    http://kiracchi.seesaa.net/article/266858249.html
    basically says the exterior is a leather like material and some plastic sections on the back, auto on/off works, the person didn't like the pattern in the interior. Most of the text goes off about how much they like the auto on/off.