Purple? Inaccurate printing colors.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nokarakeeb, May 23, 2009.

1. nokarakeeb macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have a shared HP F2230 all-in-one attached to my mac running leopard 10.5.5. I have been printing regular MS Word black and white documents fine from my other Windoze vista / 7 Beta computers. Tried to print a colored photo but the colors are inaccurate and all the blacks turn into purple! This happens regardless of the application in windows (Paint, MS publisher, and even printer test page!) I tried to print the same photo in the mac and had no problem. I attached a photo of the print out from my windows 7 beta machine.
    Tried to reinstall drivers, restart printer, restart mac, but it didn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Ok, so unfortunatly I can't help you out with your problem, and i actually have a similar problem...kinda. But! I just wanted to share that I think it looks really interesting with the purple, and I kind of like it...

3. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Not sure if this is helpful as you said it works on the Mac but I had a problem like yours and I was low on one of the inks.

4. nokarakeeb thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah that's what I thought at the beginning as well, but it prints perfectly well on the mac. I will try to unplug the printer and install it on the windoze machine. I will keep you updated.

Thanks for the feedback

5. nokarakeeb thread starter macrumors newbie

tested the printer on windows machine. Works perfectly and prints accurate colors. I still cannot figure out why windows sends this purple haze to the mac. Hmm.

6. Objectivist-C macrumors 6502

Do you have the latest printer drivers (from the manufacturer's website) installed? It could also be some kind of colour profile issue, but that's not a subject I'm fluent in.

7. nokarakeeb thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I have tried this with both the drivers from the CD that came with the printer, and also with the drivers from HP website. What do you mean color profile issue?