Push AOL email to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zip120, Sep 5, 2009.

1. zip120 Guest

I just got an iPhone, and I love it, but I want to find a way to push my AOL emails without having to open manually or wait to fetch. Can this be done without buying a mobile me subscription?

2. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

If you can find a way to have AOL forward your email, yahoo also has push for the iPhone and is free. Also, if you DO find a way to forward AOLs email, please tell me, as I am currently wondering if it is possible.

3. ilkevinli macrumors 6502

ilkevinli

https://www.nuevasync.com/

4. zip120 thread starter Guest

thanks, that looks great, except its $25 per year for push... any other suggestions that are cheaper or free?

5. ilkevinli macrumors 6502

ilkevinli

I have not seen any free push email for AOL yet.

6. Surely Guest

Surely

For some reason, a mod deleted my post. I don't know why they did, as I asked a legitimate question. As much as I appreciate the mods and the cleanup they do, there was no need to delete my post. My post, and question, was as follows:

I guess I can see how it can be interpretted as sarcasm, but if it was sarcasm, I would have used the 'sarcastic' emoticon, not the 'confused' one.

Any of you AOL users want to enlighten me? The last time I had a use for AOL was back in 1997.

7. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Not sure if things are different in the US

Why not use a free AOL email account

You could equally say why use Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail etc

I have had an AOL account for years and keep it because I have a decent email address without numbers

its just another IMAP email account

8. Surely Guest

Surely

Fair enough. I was unaware that you can have a free AOL account in the same way as a Gmail, yahoo, etc. account. I thought that it is still a pay-service for internet access and use of their infrastructure (and the "You've Got Mail" voice;)).

A friend of mine, who is around 50 years old, still uses AOL. But he still uses it in the way I remember from back in the 90's- with the whole AOL browser/infrastructure thing. I'd say (and so would he) that he is completely lost when it comes to technology. He still uses AOL because he is/would be confused by anything new or different.

9. ilkevinli macrumors 6502

ilkevinli

AOL became free about 3 years or so ago. By free I mean as long as you don't dial in to AOL's numbers. With that said, youd be suprised at how many people are still paying for AOL even though they don't use AOL's dialup service.

10. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

what's the name of the yahoo mail app with push?

11. zip120 thread starter Guest

i've been using my aol email for over 10 years - it's free and pretty much a good email service so i'm just too lazy to switch everything
    i browse in firefox and check emails in thunderbird - no need to use the aol browser
    the only things that annoy me are that old emails are deleted after a month and now this push issue

12. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

It's not an app. The iphone has had built-in push for Yahoo mail since day 1.

13. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

o. I knew that. I assumed it would be like the gmail app or something

14. asr10 user macrumors regular

I know this is a very old thread. But I have a gmail account to forward my emails from aol, so everything is finally pushed to my iphone. I can slowly start phasing out aol from my life.

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Wow, old thread and I knew there was something funny about it when a moderator was actually doing their job!

16. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I know a number of people who use free AOL for email. One is my wife and it suits her fine. She likes the email address she has and does not want to go through the hassle of changing her email address. Is that okay???? Geez