Push Apple Reminders Updates via iCloud

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by sonamo, Nov 29, 2016.

1. sonamo, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016

sonamo macrumors newbie

Does anyone actually have this working well with their iCloud account?

I am updating reminders on my laptop all day long on the Reminders app, and the updates never push to my phone. For example, today there were 3 reminders this morning that I deferred to tomorrow. 45 minutes later on my phone the notifications still appear on my lock screen and the Reminders app has a red "3" on it -- it's never gonna update!

Very disappointed that something so simple isn't syncing up well, and it makes me wonder if anyone at Apple, or around the country, is even using this daily.

P.S. I know how to manually update it via Calendar app on my iPhone, but that's not why I am posting here

2. lineto macrumors member

Yep. Happens to me daily basically. It's extremely annoying because I rely on Reminders so heavily and use it between an iPhone, iPad, Mac mini, and MBP. The iPhone is the only one that leaves my home network, and the rest are all on a 200 down connection with extremely strong wireless signals. Push is enabled, been through the usual troubleshooting steps, and just now a reminder I changed to 3PM PST, four hours ago that was originally set for right now (1PM PST) still went off on my iPad, but other three devices reflected the change hours ago. Has to be an issue with the way iCloud is pushing / some background process isn't updating instantly or as effectively as it should be.