Push doesn't work for me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Silv3rF0x, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Silv3rF0x macrumors member

Silv3rF0x

I have a 2G iphone do you all know if push works on it. I have the option and turned it all on.
    I have

Tap Tap
    AP Mobile

I have them all turned on and I have not gotten a push since I have installed them more then 24 hours ago. Anyway to test this and see if it works when you don't have mobile me?

Any other free apps I can install that been doing a ton of push's so I can see if it works at all.

2. DavidMc macrumors member

I have AP Mobile installed and have gotten 1 notification yesterday morning and nothing else since installing Wednesday night. This is on a 3G.

3. Kepesk macrumors member

I've had the exact same experience. One push and then.... nothing. Is there something wrong with Push? Could this be why no push IM client has been released?

4. Silv3rF0x thread starter macrumors member

Silv3rF0x

I have gotten none so that is why I wanted to ask if it matters on the type of IPhone does the 1st Gen support Push. I was just wondering on it. Becuse I have not gotten any yet.

5. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

I have the 1st gen and Push works perfectly. I tried it with textfree and it only takes about 1-2 seconds to beep and show the next text on the lock or home screen.

Awesome.

6. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

Um Maybe they just aren't pushing every single news story? Have you thought about that.

7. DavidMc macrumors member

True but you would think they would at least push the top headlines of the day. the last top headline for me was 31 mins ago and I only saw that because I went into the app. I don't have any other push compatible program installed at this time though. Considering the IM apps are still waiting approval and both the 3.0 update and now the 3Gs is out, I personally feel they are having a problem.

8. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

Honestly for a news app that would be annoying as hell.

9. DavidMc macrumors member

I agree to the annoying part. I only installed to see how Push Notifications worked and so far, the first one startled me but I haven't seen one since. I am anxiously awaiting BeeJive to get approved so I can get that update and then I will most likely remove AP Mobile.

10. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

I think in the case of AP news app saving push notifications for super important stories is the way to go. If you want to read standard news open the app. However if the Mets make a trade. I need to know NOW!

11. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Hey Where Are You works, I have tested it several times with a friend.

12. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

On Beta 5 when they did the 1 week test of the Push Notifications for the AP I was surprised by how few were pushed.

13. sgrizzle macrumors member

sgrizzle

Just FYI, if you are waiting on Tap Tap Revenge to sends a push notification magically you'll be waiting awhile. The only thing it "pushes" is invites from other TTR players who send it to you. It's not gonna do anything by itself.