Push E-mail with Yahoo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pavyaz19, Jul 10, 2008.

1. pavyaz19 macrumors member

Does push e-mail only work with mobileme? Or will I be able to use it with my yahoo web-based e-mail account too?

2. pavyaz19 thread starter macrumors member

3. cwosigns macrumors 65816

4. gazzer82 macrumors regular

No it will not, unless you forward your mail on from yahoo (which i don't think you can do). If you have IMAP access you could setup push via IMAP, but again i don't think yahoo supports that.

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

It works with Yahoo and it pushes right to your iPHone. That is why I switched from Gmail to Yahoo.

6. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Any special setup to do this ?

Currently have a UK account with yahoo, although It's not doing push email.

7. pavyaz19 thread starter macrumors member

some of you are saying yes, and some of you are saying know. does anyone know for sure?

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I'm sure because I have it setup on my iPhone. You're walked through the setup on your iPhone and the rest is history.

9. gazzer82 macrumors regular

Actually i stand corrected, bit of a brain fart!! I read and wrote yahoo and heard google mail!!

It does indeed seem to work with push and the iPhone, which is very cool!!

10. OC513 macrumors 6502

100% it works

I recently switched my email to a Yahoo account for this exact reason.......switching was a hassle with all my contacts but having push email to the iPhone was well worth it......works flawlessly for me. Just google "yahoo mail for iPhone" and you will find a page that lets you set it up in a few very simple steps. Works GREAT!

11. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

Apple must have a deal with Gmail/AOL/Yahoo

They have setup for all those mail accounts, and they are all PUSHED to your iphone. This is not something you can do with any other phone on the market today, especially Yahoo. Yahoo charges extra for POP3 access to your email, so I guess Apple must have made a deal with them to offer it for free through the iphone.

12. Waterpolo820 macrumors regular

How are you guys getting Yahoo Mail to work for the iPhone? When ever I enter the my info I get an error message, something like, "the username or password for imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com is wrong. And I'm am sure that I have entered them right cause I checked it like 100000 times!!
    BTW I have a basic email account. Not Mail Plus..

Thanks in advance

13. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

You may want to delete you Yahoo Account on the Phone and re-add it. You also may want to search for YAHOO PUSH. Many trheads on the subject. But normally it is quite easy. Just select Yahoo Email as the Account. Don't need to change anything.

14. Koralan macrumors newbie

15. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

no

16. niccodeamus macrumors newbie

i have a BTYahoo account, i assume it has the same functions as a Yahoo account.
    My question is, if the above assumption is correct, can i set the account to push to apple mail? At the moment i have to wait for the desktop to fetch it, but if MobileMe can push to a desk, can Yahoo?