Push email not working anymore ???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jukin, Oct 12, 2010.

1. jukin macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a Iphone 4 (activated with Rogers here in Canada) with 4.1 JB with Limera1n. Everything works like a charm except my email exchange account is no longer pushing my emails on my phone. The push notifications were working fine before the JB.

I installed Push Doctor once, did not work. I removed it and installed it again, but still not working. If I go into my inbox, then it retrieves my emails.

I noticed that atter installing Push Doctor, my "notification" icon in settings was set to "Off". Should I turn it back on ? I tried that the first time around and did not help.

Receiving my emails in "real time" is a must for me. Any ideas on how to fix this ?

thanks in advance,
    jukin

2. jukin thread starter macrumors newbie

Update...

OK, I installed Ipusher from the App Store to test Push notifications and they work fine. Also tried the facebook chat, and the push worked fine also.

The issue seems to be only with my Exchange server email account, which does not push emails anymore.

Any ideas ??

3. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

I'm having the same problem. 4.1 and used Limera1n

4. nednarm macrumors 6502

same here, iphone 4.1 with limra1n. Unable to receive push with hotmail.

5. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Try deleting and re-adding your mail account. Push doctor shouldn't be need as it's only for unlockers.

6. jukin thread starter macrumors newbie

Another update.

I deleted both of my email accounts and "reinstalled" them. I also made sure all the apps still appearing in the "multi-task" bar were closed, including the email app, and bingo, my exchange server is now pushing my emails as before.

Hopefully this will help others that have the same problem.
    Jukin

7. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

That worked for me as well. Thanks!