push gmail down right now?

Siciliano611

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
I just set this up on my 5 this morning after years of having gmail setup without microsoft exchange (using fetch every 15m)....It has worked great until about 30 minutes ago and now i cant get any new messages...even manually it isnt pulling the 2 new ones in my box.

Siciliano611

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
imap being the regular non ME method of mail? I might have to go back to that if push ME gmail isn't reliable

amro

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2008
Yeah, something is not right. I've sent two things from work to Gmail, and no ping. Of course mail.google.com isn't showing it has received anything. I was just assuming my work email was the problem. Maybe I'll try from Yahoo to Google.

snorkelman

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2010
had intermittent problems in last hour or so (had been fine since friday arrival of the phone)

my 5 would get push emails from yahoo but wouldnt push anything served up through my gmail exchange account

my gf's 4s that's also on iOS6 has similar collection of accounts served thru gmail exchange and they were faultless throughout

cRuNcHiE

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2007
I keep getting notifications of new mail for the same message over and over. like 5 times for the same email message even though ive already read it!?