Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
Wow, this just works, simply. Fantastic. Mail through in seconds. Now if only DataVizInc's Docs To Go would work with this.

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
I literally read the blog post over and over looking for the catch.

This is excellent.

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
Haha, I've been waiting for this. :D They've had contacts and calendar for a while now.

If only I could hide some of those folders like I can with IMAP!

johnnyxhuynh

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2006
Houston, TX, USA
My inbox has about 10 messages, but there are only 3 showing in my Inbox. Any ideas? I have already made sure there is no limit on the numbers of days to sync.

token1

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
it requires you setting up your GMail account through your exchange account on your iPhone. I already have an exchange account on my phone with my work's email... am I missing something?

Same problem here.
iPhone only allows one Exchange account as far as I can tell :(

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Wow - I've been waiting for this for quite a while. I'm very happy with it. Do you guys know if there's a way to move messages across mail accounts on the phone though? In other words, is there a way to move messages from my MobileMe Inbox to my newly added Gmail inbox? I don't see a way to do it but maybe I'm missing something.

muledogus

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2009
Interesting...I've searched around and can't find how to turn badges on for google or mail and neither show up under the programs for 'notifications'.

I've been looking for you too and I can't find anything. Mail by default should display badges, just like if you go into it and let it DL your messages then exit it without reading them. Maybe reboot your phone and see if it starts working. Sounds like a glitch or something.

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
Interesting...I've searched around and can't find how to turn badges on for google or mail and neither show up under the programs for 'notifications'.

... The Mail app always gets badges. It has since iPhone 1.0.

If you're not try to reboot your phone maybe.

patrickdunn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Mine is not working too hot right now. Keeps on spinning.

It loaded everything fine, then bam! 30 min later it can't receive or send anything.

Its sucking right now.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
I don't seem to be getting consistent quick pushes yet. Hopefully this is just because they are getting slammed today and/or my phone is syncing up a bunch of old mail.

Love the idea though!

lsbuffs

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2009
I enabled a new account through the Exchange profile. Now have the IMAP and Exchange running side by side. IMAP, on it's 15min pull schedule is getting them before they're pushed to the Gmail ActiveSync account. Icon at top just spins and spins...takes forever.

Wonder if any issue either 1) having them both running concurrently and/or 2) the push system, which is in beta mode I guess, is overwhelmed or working out kinks.

muledogus

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2009
Sounds exactly like my current experience.

Mine was working perfectly and now it's acting a little bit funny. The spinning never stops and for a minute all of my mail disappeared. I'd say it's just getting hit really hard right now and things should straighten out.

eye.surgeon

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2007
California
While I'm grateful for google in bringing us push email, the launch today sucks. Multiple people having problems. If it can't handle the tiny fraction of people who have signed up today, how is it going to handle the masses who don't even know it's available yet.

EDIT--
Mine just started working. initially I was getting a password error. I deleted the account and set it up again. Don't know if that's what made the difference, probably not. But it's very SLOW to download/open emails. Hopefully this is just birthing pains, maybe they were not expecting much action today and were trying to do a really soft or silent launch.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
While I'm grateful for google in bringing us push email, the launch today sucks. Multiple people having problems. If it can't handle the tiny fraction of people who have signed up today, how is it going to handle the masses who don't even know it's available yet.

Every user starting today is pulling down, one, two, or more days of inbox data. Could take a few days to shake out. I have confidence in Google's ability to make this work and to build enough capacity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.