Push iPhone Contacts to iCloud?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AdonisSMU, Mar 12, 2013.

1. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I need help pushing my iPhone contacts to the iCloud. I always enter new contacts via my iPhone and once in a blue moon via my iPad. I don't understand why the iCloud isn't immediately updated when I do these things. It's not supposed to harder to manage contact lists and things than Outlook.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Under iCloud, I'm assuming contacts is set to "on" and it should be automatic.

3. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

Yes thats correct.

4. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

I had the same problem. Luckily I have 4-5 different iCloud accounts and trying them out, I was able to get my contacts to upload to one of them. Sometimes, it just does't work as it should, just think back to MobileMe.

5. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

Go into Settings > iCloud on both of your devices and make sure they are both using the same iCloud account. Then make sure the contacts toggle is set to on in both devices. That should be all you need to have contacts syncing across the devices.

One way to see if it's working is to edit a contact and then check your contacts on http://www.icloud.com to see if it updated.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

theres a refresh button at the top of the contacts list. once you type in a new one, go to your other device and see if its there. if not yet, hit the refresh button. its the circle arrow button.

7. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, check whether the Default Account under "Contacts" is set to iCloud.

Also, Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data > Advanced > iCloud - make sure it is set to "Push".

8. jg167 macrumors newbie

Just had the same thing happen

I logged into iCloud and the new contact was not there, just like on my iPhone. Everything was using the same account etc. So then I went to iCloud system prefs on my mac (where I had entered the new contact) and clicked on account to verify again it was correct, but this time instead of clicking cancel I clicked OK, and there was an instant update. I did not CHANGE anything just clicked OK. No idea if that was a coincidence or if it triggered an update.

I also do not see the "refresh" button mentioned a couple of posts back.

9. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

on an iphone using icloud for contacts, click your contacts icon so your contact list is pulled up. top left of the screen shows a button with a circle arrow on it. its the refresh button.

10. maxosx macrumors 68020

I'm waiting eagerly for iCloud to rise to the exemplary standards of Google.

That's not a knock on Apple, just sharing the fact that my experience with iCloud hasn't been any better than MobileMe.

You know if Steve Jobs himself admitted MobileMe was a failure there was a serious problem. It's not some mysterious technology, just something that requires Apple's full attention.

I'd truly like to use iCloud, in addition to the other cloud services I am currently using. Perhaps one day iCloud will be performing as advertised.