Push is down again?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kornyboy, Aug 27, 2008.

1. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

It appears that my iPhone has not received a push from MobileMe all day today. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. kjs862 macrumors 65816

kjs862

3. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Yes G*D DAMN IT can't they keep this up and running.

4. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Are both of you using 3G iPhones? I feel like I'm paying more since I upgraded for crappier service.

5. daze macrumors 6502

daze

Push is down for me right now. Hasn't worked since mid-day (1:30PM EST).

6. kornyboy thread starter macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

I am using a 3G iPhone.

7. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

I just tested my "Push" to my iPhone and it's still not working.

8. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

9. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Yeah, it just worked for me. However I wonder if it's because mail was the last app I used and it was like 10 minutes about i want to wait like 45 min to an hour and try it again

10. captain kaos macrumors 65816

captain kaos

Yep, me to.

My phone says i have mail to ready yet when i go to the inbox no new mail is there. It even checks back to the server and still no new mail...i dont get a error saying it cant connect so it is syncing with the MM server.

11. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

I'm so annoyed with this push not notifing me when i have mail if my phones been out of use for a little while 1 hour or so until i wake it up and hit mail this is BS i feel scammed...

12. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

My push works fine from my gmail account...but my husband is having problems with push from entourage. :\

13. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

Umm, I don't think Gmail has push and Entourage is just and email client so the push (if your husband has it) would be coming from the email server or if using MobileMe the cloud. Are you sure you aren't thinking about the email fetch settings?

14. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Yeah...I suppose I meant that. :p
    His email is coming from a server...so at that point is his problem with the push?...or with the server?

15. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

Impossible to answer without more information such as the type of email server he is connecting to.

There have been many threads on this issue and it is known by Apple and they are supposedly working on it. The temporary workaround is to force the email app on the iPhone to close by going to email and holding down the home button for several seconds until the email app is force closed and then going back into email.

16. Eminemdrdre00 macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

So this problem isnt just a Yahoo problem. It effects ALL push email services on iPhone?

17. kornyboy thread starter macrumors 68000

It has been up and down for me with my mobile me account. I have my yahoo account set up as fetch only so I'm not sure about it.

18. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

Yeh, my Push isnt working.

Ive just updated my phone and now the new contacts from today are lost :(

19. Drachnem macrumors newbie

Update INC

So you guys know, "Push" isn't really fully active in its true form right now. What we get now is every 15 mins it will manual set a push to go thought. There is an upcoming update coming shortly in September which will not only fix the security issues but will enable full time push. If you aren't getting even the 15 min push, take a 2nd look at your settings.

Note: This has been confirmed by Apple Computers.

Source:
    http://www.macrumors.com/2008/08/28/apple-confirms-september-iphone-update/

20. Eminemdrdre00 macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

Push email IS supposed to be fully active. The push they're referring to is push for other applications (such as AIM).

21. Drachnem macrumors newbie

All push is limited to every 15 minutes. This includes email and 3rd party apps.

22. kornyboy thread starter macrumors 68000

I don't think that is accurate since when push is working I can get multiple emails only a couple of minutes apart and it gives me a notification for each one. This may be true for third party apps but I've experience a different scenario with email. Besides what would be the point of Push since you can set your phone to Fetch every 15 minutes anyway? The purpose of push is to instantly grab data when it shows up on the server. For Apple's case with MobileMe it is calendars, contacts, and email all of which are pretty much instant (maybe a 3-4 second delay) when it is working the way it is suppose to.

23. al82 macrumors regular

Firstly "All push is limited to every 15 minutes. This includes email and 3rd party apps." is not true.

On your iphone it says every 15 minutes if push IS NOT ACTIVATED.

Secondly seems like it's down AGAIN. It's been 2 months now, it's getting silly. Not to mention all my appointments randomly change time, which makes mobile me useless right now.

24. Drachnem macrumors newbie

It may be so that email is normal push, but 3rd party apps like aim don't work yet. This feature will be setup in the up coming patch. I can't wait to have aim work all the time.

25. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Same crap here. I had it working again for a couple days. I deleted the account and then added it back, which fixed it for temporarily, but now it's back off. GRRRRR.